Thank you to everyone who attended and made the Career and Job Fair a success!
The Don Valley West Youth Career and Job Fair was held on Thursday, April 12th, 2018.
DON VALLEY WEST YOUTH CAREER AND JOBS FAIR
Get a professional shot for your LinkedIn profile and other networking needs at our FREE photo booth! (Be sure to dress accordingly!)
Receive information about Federal Government employment opportunities, in addition to volunteer opportunities with our office, at our booth for Rob Oliphant, M.P.
Get one-on-one support for editing your resume, participate in mock interviews, and get general employment counselling and support at our Employment Café! (Bring a copy of your resume on a USB flash-drive to make edits and print on the fly.)
***Don’t forget to bring 15-20 copies of your resume with you on the day of the event!
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Boutique Meals – Catering and Banquet Hall
1100 Millwood Road (At Overlea)
EMPLOYERS & ORGANIZATIONS IN ATTENDANCE
NOTE: Information for employers will be updated as more details become available
Adventure Valley Day Camp
Teaching self-confidence through fun, learning, friendship, and adventure for day campers in Thornhill.
- Camp Counsellor
- Activity Programmer
- Swim Staff
- Leisure Buddy
All jobs are Monday – Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm
8 week contracts are most common. 4 and 9 week contracts are also available.
FREE TRANSPORT is included for staff who live within the organization’s bussing zones.
Arrive Alive DRIVE SOBER® identifies, implements and supports effective initiatives to eradicate impaired driving, and will be sharing information about safe & sober driving.
- Summer Student Positions for July and August
Artists’ Garden Cooperative
The Artists’ Garden Cooperative (AGC) have been working for over a decade to bring artists and performers together with their communities, aiming to broaden and diversify audiences for artists and provide opportunities for communities to discover and enjoy the creativity and talent of local artists who live among them.
- Site Manager (Including but not limited to: Equipment and materials management; studio and concert venue setup and maintenance; stage management (lighting and stage assistance); signage; artist and performer support; time control; box office)
- Administrative Assistant – (Including but not limited to: database management; client communication and reception; social media promotion and outreach; artist and performer support; public relations; Canada Day community projects)
Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work (CCRW)
The Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work endeavors to promote and support meaningful and equitable employment of persons with disabilities.
- CCRW Partners Program — Youth the Future Program
- Employment training & wage subsidized/employment support for youth & people of all ages with disabilities looking for rewarding employment
Canadian Armed Forces
The Canadian Armed Forces serve on the sea, on land, and in the air, with the Royal Canadian Navy, the Canadian Army, and the Royal Canadian Air Force.
- Over 100 different occupations ranging from Health Care, Administration, Technician, and Engineering
Canadian Film Centre
Founded by Canadian filmmaker Norman Jewison, CFC began as a film school and is now a charitable organization aimed toward inspiring and investing in Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs.
- Various summer student positions
Toronto Parks, Forestry, & Recreation
Toronto Parks, Forestry, and Recreation works hard to protect, sustain, and enliven our city’s parks and public spaces to bring us together and keep us active.
- Part-Time jobs in recreation, after-school recreation programming and aquatics
- Information about leadership opportunities, coaching certification, Toronto Sports Leadership Programs, and first aid training
The Chang School, Ryerson University
The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education provides in-class and online courses and practical, and applied programs for adult learners.
- Information about French courses/certificates and general courses for professional development and career-focused specialization
Go Green Youth Centre
The Go Green Youth Centre is devoted to relieving poverty and assisting disadvantaged youths, particularly children of recent immigrants, to overcome social exclusion and isolation through sport and fostering ecological responsibility.
- Camp & Programs staff in sports, music, social media, fundraising, games, leadership, environment, mentorship, skill building, and community development
A national fitness company working to make fitness easy, fun, and affordable.
- Full-Time Personal Trainers
- Full-Time Fitness Advisers
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital creates a world of possibility by supporting children and youth living with disability, medical complexity, illness and injury and is renowned for its expertise in partnering with clients and families to provide exceptional care.
- Various youth employment opportunities
- High-level information about the various clinical and non-clinical positions available at the Hospital
Legends Music LLC
Legends LLC is a hospitality company that was created by the New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys in 2009, with the goal of providing a premium guest experience across their venues. In 2015 Legends partnered with Live Nation to provide premium service to their Amphitheatre business, including the Budweiser Stage and Echo Beach in Toronto. The Budweiser stage and Echo Beach are seasonal outdoor concert venues, operating from May-October at 909 Lakeshore Boulevard West in Toronto, attached to Ontario Place grounds. Legends at the Budweiser Stage and Echo Beach are committed to hiring and developing quality employees, within a positive culture that can be felt through the service provided to our guests.
- Head Cashier
- Stand Lead
- Beer Vendor
- AMEX Lounge Bartender
- AMEX Lounge Server
- In-Seat Server
- Cook Supervisor
- Floor Supervisor
*all jobs are seasonal (May-October)
New Circles is an innovative, grassroots agency that provides clothing, social connections and employment training opportunities to newcomers, refugees and others living on a low income in Thorncliffe Park, Flemingdon Park, Victoria Village and Taylor-Massey. Established in 2005, New Circles is now the largest clothing bank in Toronto, serving 11,000 individuals annually.
A Clothing Bank making community connections for newcomers, refugees, and other low income residents of Thorncliffe Park, Flemingdon Park, Victoria Village, and Taylor-Massey.
- Various summer student positions
- Information about skills training programs for youth
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (MCSCS)
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services is committed to ensuring that Ontario’s communities are supported and protected by law enforcement and public safety systems that are safe, secure, effective, efficient and accountable.
- Correctional Officers – recruitment for 800-1000 positions across Ontario
Oxford College offers professional diplomas in healthcare, social services, technology, and business focussing intently on career training in a vibrant learning community at five campuses across Ontario.
- Education Consultant
- Administrative Assistants
- Information about course offerings
Ryerson University Diversity Institute (Summer Company & ADaPT)
The Ted Rogers School of Management’s Diversity Institute at Ryerson University researches diversity in the workplace to improve practice in organizations. Join their student entrepreneurship program, Summer Company initiative, or their work-integrated learning program, ADaPT (Advanced Digital and Professional Training)!
- Information about:
- Summer Company, an Ontario-funded student entrepreneurship program empowering students to create their own summer jobs.
- ADaPT (Advanced Digital and Professional Training) is also an Ontario-funded Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) program which offers digital and professional skills training with internship/job opportunities.
Plan International Canada Inc.
Plan International strives to advance children’s rights and equality for girls to create a just world. The purpose of the booth is to help expand awareness about Plan International Canada’s Youth Programming and outreach, which provides platforms for youth to discuss the issues about which they are passionate.
- Donor Care Representatives (Contact Centre) – (Includes full-time positions in English and Bilingual; requires post-secondary education, customer service experience, teamwork, and a flexible and adaptable work style)
Service Canada provides Canadians with a single point of access to a wide range of government services and benefits that Canadians want and need through the Internet, by telephone, in person or by mail.
- Various positions
Special Olympics Ontario
For the past 50 years Special Olympics Ontario has been dedicated to enriching the lives of Ontarians with an intellectual disability through sport and to creating inclusive communities all across Ontario.
- Program Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Finance Assistant
Pedalheads Bike Camps
Encouraging a healthy, active lifestyle for children through fun and exciting bike camps! Since 1995, Pedalheads have been teaching kids to go from training wheels to trails by combining exciting lesson plans with amazing instructors and small class ratios. Pedalheads offers eight instructional biking levels to choose from, and with the addition of a new Pedalheads Mountain Biking program, there is something for kids of any skill set.
- Bike Camp Instructors for summer employment at one of 22 locations across the GTA
Teleperformance is a global customer experience management company that strives to deliver an outstanding customer experience and to create value for employees, clients, customers, communities, and shareholders.
- Customer Experience Advisor
- Technical Experience Advisor
Toronto Athletic Camps (TAC Sports)
Developing athletes and leaders by creating a positive environment full of support and motivation. Strive to build the life skills, sports skills, and self-confidence of students.
- Advanced Coach
- Junior Coach
Toronto Employment and Social Services
As part of a broader workforce development pathway pilot in the construction sector, Construction Connections is a sector-focused one-stop-shop that links Toronto job seekers with training, employment and career supports, while providing employers with suitable, qualified candidates.
- Participants for Construction Connections – a Sector Focus Pathway
Toronto Inner-City Rugby Foundation (TIRF)
A rugby-centre community development organization that uses rugby as a tool for social good; builds community through rugby in 31 of Toronto’s underserved, low-income and priority neighbourhoods.
- Operations Administrator
- Office Administrator
- House League Team Captain
- Content Creator – Media Team
- Regional Team Captain
- Community Rugby Facilitator
- Special Event Team Captain
Toronto Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology
The Toronto Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology works to train the next generation of professionals in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Information about Programs in Pharmaceutical Quality, Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Research and Development, and Manufacturing programs.
Toronto International Film Festival
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in Toronto and around the world with programming that runs 365 days of the year.
- Various Positions
Youth in Policing Initiative – Toronto Police Service
Promote youth participation in and exposure to the work environment through diverse, educational, and productive work assignments; focuses on diverse youth between the ages of 15 and 18 years, who reside in our priority identified neighbourhoods within the City of Toronto
- Youth in Policing – Fall Program (currently accepting applications)
- Youth in Policing – Winter Program
- Youth in Policing – Summer Program
Quick Response Security Inc / Amal Foundation
Security company providing training and employment support and a non-profit organization working in the local community.
- Various summer positions
Toronto Fire Services
Toronto Fire Services is the City’s only all hazards emergency response organization. Fire Services provides City of Toronto residents, visitors and businesses with protection against loss of life, property and the environment from the effects of fire, illness, accidents, and all other hazards through preparedness, prevention, public education, and emergency response, with an emphasis on quality services, efficiency, effectiveness, and safety.
- General information regarding job opportunities with Toronto Fire Services, such as Firefighter, Fire Inspector, Public Educator, and Mechanical jobs
- General fire safety information
TNO – The Neighbourhood Organization
TNO – THE NEIGHBOURHOOD ORGANIZATION is a community-based, multi-service agency providing a wide range of community services since 1985. Our programs include employment, language training, settlement, housing and Youth Programs.
- Youth Employment opportunities for ages 15-29 years
- Youth Volunteer Opportunities for ages 14 and above
- Recreational programs
- Something for The Girlz -Two different groups for two different ages groups
- GLAM – Girls Leadership And Mentorship Program
- Project Growth – Junior Boys Only Leadership Program
- Thorncliffe Basketball League – Boys Basketball
- Boys Ball Hockey League
- Boys Soccer
- Flemo City Media – DJ Recording Program, Pashby Rhythm’s Guitar Program, Youth Beat Program and Youth Led Radio Podcast Program
- Tutoring – Get Ahead & Tutor Me Please
- Ice Hockey – Pee Wee, Junior and Senior Co-Ed Ice Hockey Programs
- RYES – “Refugee Youth Engagement for Success” Pathways Program
- March Break Middle Years and Youth Camps
- Summer Middle Years and Youth Camps
- Youth Summer Job opportunities
Centre for Education and Training (TCET)
TCET provides the appropriate resources, skills and opportunities which empower people to achieve their potential.
- Youth Job Link program
Canadian Choice + Liv Smart Group
Canadian Choice and Liv Smart Group are dedicated to providing efficient and smart home technology to customers and are committed to providing growth opportunities to employees where they can shatter expectations and exceed their own personal goals.
- Full time Sales – Customer Service
- Home Advisor – Technical Roles